Thursday 23 August 2012

Cramond Re-Visited

Sorry to be a bit tardy with this post, but better late than never.

I started out determined to do some colour sketching and I had brought my watercolours with this in mind.  Cramond Island looked so beautiful in the sunshine.  So that's what I sketched.
Cramond Island Sketch
I couldn't quite capture the foreground, I think. And it looks a bit pale now.  The foreground was something I wanted to work on, so my next sketch in pencil was this one of the gasometer - much more scenic, don't you think?
View towards Granton Sketch
I do love the filigree effect of the gasometer - not quite sure if I've captured this well enough.
Finally - here's a skech of a boat that I did.
Boat sketch
Actually - this is a cheat.  I did it in the studio and it's based on a boat I sketched at Port Seton Harbour.  So I put it in to encourage you others to POST YOUR SKETCHES!

It was a good day and I look forward to seeing you all at our next sketching session in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.